EXIN ITSM Foundation
The EXIN IT Service Management Foundation certificate describes the key information and concepts for IT Service Management as well as their relationships with other areas of information management. This course builds the fundamental skills and knowledge enabling one to participate in organizational teams working within Service Management.
Emphasis is on the service management system (SMS) and service management processes, specifically the core concepts and basic terminology of IT service management based on ISO/IEC 20000:2011.
ITSM Foundation is intended for everyone playing a role in a service management system interested in IT service management.
Successful completion of the IT Service Management Foundation exam is the prerequisite for continuing studies in this qualification program. The IT Service Management Specialist certification, the next step, is strongly focused on the plan, do, check and act activities of Deming’s cycle across the SMS. The Foundation certificate also opens up the way to the IT Service Management Auditor certification.
The topics of the Foundation course include:
- Core concepts of Service Management and quality frameworks
- The Service Management System (SMS) and the value and application of the PDCA cycle
- High-level concepts around service design and transition
- Objectives, activities and quality requirements of the service management process
- Number of questions: 40
- Pass mark: 65% (26 out of 40)
- Open book exam: no
- Use of electronic devices permitted during the exam: no