EXIN ITSM Specialist
IT service management describes the design, delivery, support and improvement of IT related services to support business outcomes. The international standard for IT Service Management, ISO/IEC 20000:2011, makes it clear what is essential: one must define and agree to service requirements, plan resources to meet business outcomes, support service delivery and provide value for the customer and the service provider.
The standard is a valuable source of support for those organizations who want to certify their management system against this standard but also for those organizations who just want to implement a lean, common sense, service management system.
The EXIN IT Service Management Specialist certificate specifically describes the practical activities and competences of the Specialist-level member of an IT organization. This skill set builds on the foundation knowledge, taking the high-level information gained in the Foundation course and providing additional depth and practical context. The Specialist has a much more ‘global’ view of the standard as well as the daily activities required to maintain or achieve ISO/IEC 20000 implementation. The Expert possesses the competences to provide the necessary guidance and direction for the Specialist activities as well as lead and manage the Service Management program.
The Specialist is strongly focused on the install, plan, do and check activities of Deming’s PDCA cycle and supporting the elements of audit and improvement (act). Of course, all activities would be under the guidance and supervision of the Expert to ensure the outcomes of the work will conform to the organization’s mission and vision as well as to the requirements of the standard.
Specialist in ITSM is intended for those who are involved in a practical way in :
- Planning, implementing and managing a service management system (SMS)
- Planning, implementing and managing service management processes
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance and effectiveness of Service Management
Specific roles could include:
- Process Managers
- Supervisory staff
- Team leaders
- Service designers
- IT architects and/or planners
- IT consultants
- IT audit managers / auditors
- IT security managers / officers
- Project managers
- Suppliers, Lead suppliers and sub-contracted suppliers
The certificate Specialist in IT Service Management based on ISO/IEC 20000 is part of the EXIN ITSM qualification program and a prerequisite of the Expert exam in the qualification program.
- Foundation Certificate in ITSM based on ISO/IEC 20000
- The training Specialist in IT Service Management based on ISO/IEC 20000 by an EXIN accredited training provider
- Successful completion of the Practical Assignments assessed by an EXIN accredited training provider
The topics of the Specialist certification are:
- Support the planning activities around the formal implementation of a service management system (SMS) and the service management processes
- Support the design and transition activities of services
- Manage on-going activities surrounding the SMS, service management processes and service delivery
- Design and implement policies and activities that guide the organizational activities supporting service delivery
- Monitor, measure and report on the SMS, service management processes and service performance
- Define and support improvement activities
Number of questions:
65% (39 of 60)
Electronic equipment permitted: