iSAQB® Certified Professional for Software Architecture – Advanced Level
Developed according to iSAQB´s specification, this scheme follows a modular structure and requires successful trainees to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and skills. Holders of the CPSA- A will be able to:
• Design medium- sized to large IT systems independently and in a methodologically sound manner
• Assume technical and content- related responsibility within IT- systems of medium to high criticality
• Plan, design and document appropriate measures to meet non- functional requirements
• Accompany development teams in the process of implementing these measures
• Manage and direct architecture- related communication processes within medium-sized to large development teams
For the purpose of CPSA-A Training, iSAQB® has defined the three following skills Areas:
- methodical skills: a systematic approach to architectural tasks, regardless of the technologies used
- Technological skills: knowledge and implementation of technology solutions used in design Tasks
- Communicative skills: communication, presentation, argumentation and Moderation skills as well as the ability to cooperate productively with different stakeholders
Two possibilities of acquiring the skills required for theese skills Areas exist:
1. Through licensed Training, based on a Curriculum module of the iSAQB® Advanced Level Curriculum
2. Through accreditation of a certificate from an Institution other than iSAQB®
Both parts of the examination must be completed within twelve months of the first examination participation.
1.Part: Written assignment: The assignment questions will relate to the curriculum content and must be answered in consideration of the project situation chosen by the examination participant. The assignment must be completed and returned to the certifying body within three months of receipt of the task.
2.Part: Oral examination: The second step involves a conference call at least 30 minutes and no more than 60 minutes, during which both examiners will discuss the solution with the candidate. The candidate will be challenged by the examiners and have to defend their design or design decisions.